Styling your property for sales produces a lasting impact on potential buyers making your property captivating and memorable which in turn increases your sales price. It’s even more important with the current market!
Here are my 10 tips on how to achieve this:
1. Start with a neat entrance, first impressions count! This may mean re-mulching the garden, updating the letterbox or re-painting the front door.
2. De-clutter and de-personalize. Buyers want to imagine themselves living there so taking down some personal photos is a good start. Also take out the furniture and accessories you don’t need. Buyers like to see space whilst still showcasing only the necessary, key items required for that space.
3. A fresh coat of neutral paint inside will open the space up and keep it feeling fresh.
4. Understand the space and its best aspects. Find the focal point of your home and lead the buyers there! This may be an ocean view, a north facing aspect or even a spacious living room.
5. Layout is one of the most important elements to get right. Re-arrange your furniture to open up the space. This creates flow throughout the home. Avoid cutting rooms off with items as it can make a space feel smaller.
6. Bring in colours through the addition of soft furnishings and artwork to create an experience for the buyers. Stick to 2-3 colours max and nothing too overpowering. Always pull your colour palette from your artwork as this creates connection.
7. Introduce ambient lighting throughout the home. Table and floor lamps create an inviting and welcoming atmosphere.
8. Use floor rugs to define zones especially when working with an open plan. Each space should be its own! Stay neutral in colour and keep it light.
9. Maximise your space! If you have a nook area not being used, style it as a cute study or reading nook. This adds value and interest from buyers.
10. Freshen up your window treatments.No blinds are better than old ones! Opt for neutral blinds or sheer curtains.
FOR A FREE QUOTE JUST FILL IN YOUR DETAILS HERE